An Update from the Executive and Artistic Director

An Update from the Executive and Artistic Director

When we re-opened The Soraya in October, I had only two wishes: that we would do so safely, and that we would never need to shut the doors again.

One of those wishes materialized.  Our safety record, by all accounts, was impeccable.  The other wish was perhaps too hopeful or too soon. Yes, with an abundance of caution in the face of the exponential growth in Covid cases and hospitalizations, we will postpone or cancel January in-person performances.  If you purchased tickets, you will receive more detailed information imminently. 

We are prepared to reopen at the first possible moment. We’re being responsive to the current situation and aligned in our decision making with Los Angeles County and all other government and public agencies. Our decisions are consistent with those made by the California State University Northridge to minimize on campus activity over the next month. We remain, foremost, committed to your safety. 

Please click here and read subsequent updates from The Soraya.  And then, we will see you very soon.


Thor Signature and Photo